Manitoba’s Future in High Performance Computing – 2019 will have a focus on the application of HPC to agriculture. The rapidly expanding field of ‘digital ag’ is a critical growth area for Canada and Manitoba and involves the collection and processing of massive amounts of data, as well as the use of machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and advanced computational methods which are available through HPC.
Last year we hosted the first Manitoba’s Future in High Performance Computing 2018, which turned out to be very successful. Following on from that success MTRC decided to organize a more focused conference this year.
This year’s theme (Digital Agriculture) is more specific. This more focused approach has to do with the research and related progress that has been made in the interim period in this area, in Manitoba.
WHEN: June 6, 2019, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
WHERE: Eckhardt Gramatté Hall, Centennial Hall, University of Winnipeg
This target audience for this conference is:
- Industry which is looking for HQP candidates for their special projects, with potential support from NSERC and MITACS,
- Industry looking for information about how to implement or manage HPC and related hardware systems,
- Industry looking to collaborate with other industry or academic partners in their upcoming projects.
- Academic staff which are looking for research and collaboration opportunities with industry or other academic partners
- Not For Profit Sector looking to support their industry sector with infrastructure opportunities
- Genomics Researchers and related community which is looking to build their project base in Manitoba for upcoming Genome Canada competitions
- Other NPO sector participants in the economic development area which are supporting HPC and various IT initiatives
- Government organizations which are trying to understand how HPC may affect their research, their client base and their programming.
Further details will be posted on this page as they become available.
Student Registrations will open by the beginning of May.
For further information please contact:
Manitoba Training and Research Consortium for High Performance Computing (MTRC-HPC)
The Manitoba Training and Research Consortium for High Performance Computing (MTRC-HPC) is comprised of the University of Winnipeg (UW), the University of Manitoba (UM), Red River College (RRC), EnviroTREC, and Virtuistix Inc. This group has been working together for 4 years now with the goals to promote HPC methods and to train students, researchers, and industry partners.