We are recruiting for a Senior DevOps Software Developer on behalf of our client.
As a member of their team, you will be responsible for launching, provisioning, and maintaining cutting edge technologies on hundreds of cloud-based servers. While deploying a variety of projects, the primary focus will be to maintain and expand their cloud environment. You will also analyze issues associated with deployment, scalability, security, and backup/failover.
Our client is rapidly expanding worldwide. They are focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, they offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
What you will be responsible for:
- Working with leading edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm and Docker
- Implement, maintain, improve, and document cloud infrastructure that encompasses hundreds of servers across a variety of environments
- Support deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting changes to projects and infrastructure
- Use and build automation tools to improve the stability & efficiency of development and production environments
- Develop, test, and maintain code to provision and deploy cloud infrastructure by following an “Infrastructure as Code” (IaC) methodology
- Assist with troubleshooting applications and systems alongside the development team and involved stakeholders
- Perform database management operations (backup, restoration, recovery)
- After hours and weekend emergency support on a rotating basis;
- Training and mentoring Junior Developers
What you bring to the table:
- Up to 2+ years of experience in DevOps or related role
- Experience in at least one major programming language (e.g. python, ruby, c++)
- A strong understanding of Linux
- Proficiency with revision control software (e.g. Git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar SQL based DB
- Cloud environment management experience (AWS, Azure, or GCE)
- Containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesosphere
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus & Grafana
- Experience working with a central logging stack such as EFK
- Deployment and configuration management tools such as Chef, Terraform, and Jenkins
- Experience deploying software using CI/CD
- Experience running systems in highly available environments
Other areas of consideration:
- Familiar with Python, Ruby, NodeJS and Java
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience with Non-SQL data stores such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, and Accumulo
- Experience with web tools/frameworks such as Django & React
- Comfortable working in both a team environment as well as willing to work independently on assigned tasks
- A curious mind and strong troubleshooting skills
What they give back to you:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work.
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist - Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.