What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative eCommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their eCommerce stores truly awesome.
Barack Obama, Rooster Teeth, and DJ Khaled are among the list of 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of eCommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of nearly 300 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe eCommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the Builders Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
The Bold team is looking for a full-time Merchant Success Lead to build and lead our growing Merchant Success Team! Our Merchant Success team has the ability to set the tone for our clients overall experience with Bold and represent the Bold brand on each call and over every chat and email. This position is integral in helping our thousands of merchants receive world class service when installing, maintaining and considering any of the Bold apps for their online stores.
We are looking for a self-starter who works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidates will have people management experience as well as some experience in department planning, work delegation and team goal setting. They will be highly skilled in making key decisions based on information available in a timely manner. Our Merchant Success team is responsible for providing front line technical and customer support, general training on how our apps can help our merchants and installs of our apps. With technical support and general knowledge of our apps being a key piece of our customer service, skills in CSS, HTML, Java and Zendesk reporting are a definite must.
We believe in providing our teams with a lot of responsibility and autonomy, so we offer a casual and fun work environment with plenty of opportunity for growth and development!
Here's what we need from you:
- Desire to get shit done
- Belief in our core values
- Ensure high quality merchant support by utilizing the tools we have and adding your own flair for exceeding merchant expectations
- Following up on negative reviews while looking for opportunities to strengthen the relationship with our Merchants
- Supporting the growth of your team by having regular monthly development conversations
- Attend monthly talent management meetings and actively participate in team hiring Interviews
- Coordinate and plan team building activities
- Ensure authentic team and individual recognition on an ongoing basis
- Set daily goals for teams and report daily results to leadership team
- Coordinate with other team managers to facilitate the bandwidth needs of other teams
- Resolve team conflicts and be a communication portal for team members
- Setting individual training plans for members of the team specific to their areas of opportunity
- Create an energetic, positive and inspiring team environment
- Awesome communication skills, this includes the ability to write great emails that help our merchants with a flair of personality
- Proven ability to build an excellent and effective rapport with customers
- Excellent problem solving skills and a knack for turning a customer's challenge into an exemplary customer service experience.
- Be a generally awesome human being. We want someone cool to work with. It makes the office a better place for everyone!
Other skills that will get you far:
- Please list any technical assets you have.
Tell us what you’re interested in: there’s a lot going on in this office from fantasy football to potluck lunches, moonlighting DJs, photographers, radio hosts, curling enthusiasts…where do you fit in?
At Bold, we work hard and we play hard! If you are a potential Builder and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other!
We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out. Go above and beyond when you apply so you don’t get lost in the mix. Talk about a cool project you’ve done, drop us a link to your github or portfolio if applicable, or just impress us with your personality.
Show us that you have what it takes to be Bold! Apply now!