City: WESTMAN, Brandon, Dauphin, or Virden
Organizational Unit: Industrial Research Assistance Program
Language Requirements: English
The NRC Advantage
Great minds. One Goal. Canada's Success.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At NRC, we know diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system.
NRC welcomes all qualified applicants and encourages candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated employment equity groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Please advise of any accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. They are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Industrial Technology Advisor to support our Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). The ITA would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
Regarded worldwide as one of the best programs of its kind, IRAP is Canada’s premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
We are looking for a seasoned industry professional absolutely enthusiastic about helping innovative Canadian companies grow and prosper. We need people who see the potential in a business and are driven to nurture it to the next level. We are increasing our staff across the country and our clients need energetic and engaged professionals to guide them and invest in them as they grow. We are focused on results, but we aren’t afraid of risk. We are frank, but with a gentle helping hand.
Are you ready to be part of Canada’s tomorrow?
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering in a discipline related to the position from a recognized university.
A bachelor's degree in another field with significant work experience relevant to the position will be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with a complementary degree or diploma in business, management, administration, finance or marketing.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency.
Recent and extensive industrial business experience as an entrepreneur or senior manager – preferably in SMEs – in the following technological domain:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Health IT
- Medical Devices
- Biomedical Devices
- Life Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Cyber security
- Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing
- Clean Technology
Recent and extensive private sector experience in developing and commercializing innovative products or services, with demonstrable outcomes.
Experience in international business development and/or intellectual property management will be considered an asset.
Condition of Employment
Must be able to travel.
A valid driver's licence and access to the use of a vehicle are required.
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Basic knowledge of NRC-IRAP's mandate, mission and business model.
- Solid knowledge of SME business management, marketing of technology and productivity increase.
- Solid knowledge of developing, adopting and adapting technologies.
- Solid knowledge of project management.
- Advanced knowledge of technology, innovation and commercialization issues and trends within the sector/or region relation to the position.
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Networking (Level 2)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 2)
- Technology extension - Client focus (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Results orientation (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Teamwork (Level 2)
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
This position is classified as a Research Council Officer (RCO), a group that is unique to the NRC. The RCO group uses a person-based classification system instead of the more common duties-based classification system. Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, skill, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience. The salary scale for this group is vast, from $52,854 to $149,416 per annum, which permits for employees of all levels from new graduates to world renowned experts to be fairly compensated for their contributions.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (5141) to:
Closing Date: Posted until filled