IT Support Technician
Oxygen Technical Services, a leading Managed Services Provider, is looking to add another IT Support Technician to our growing Winnipeg team!
Our organization offers a variety of technical solutions to clients so that they make work smarter, not harder, with a goal of providing clients with the best, most reliable IT experience possible.
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing remote problem solving / troubleshooting solutions to customers. In addition, they will play a key role in maintaining and supporting all aspects of network operations, software applications, and operating systems for a number of clients both over the phone and at client locations.
This position takes ownership of client support tickets and will perform research as needed to fulfill customer requirements and solve technical issues. The successful candidate will assist in ensuring servers are functioning normally, analyze network traffic and provide timely feedback regarding the quality and reliability of deployed solutions, perform data backups and disaster recovery operations, and conduct tests and security and quality controls as needed.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills to build effective working relationships with various clients and internal departments. They will have the ability to think critically and troubleshoot problems for clients in a timely manner. With a strong attention to detail, documentation will be accurate and robust.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide timely and professional support remotely via phone and email, and in person for multiple clients
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems for new and established networks in a variety of technical environments
- Manage and maintain computer hardware, such as workstations, servers, storage systems, and network equipment
- Install and configure computer hardware, including workstations and network equipment
- Document work completed and resolution in our incident tracking system
- Draft and update network and site documentation
- Provide on-call support on rotation as required
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-5 years of related IT experience - this is an intermediate position
- Certification in relevant technology (e.g. Microsoft, VMware or Cisco)
- Self-motivated and dedicated team player
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Technical competency with Windows Server Platforms 2008 R2 and later, Windows Desktop 7 and later, Hyper-V and VMware virtualization platforms, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and later, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy, Firewall access rules and NAT, and Network services including DHCP, DNS and routing
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- Experience in a Managed Services environment would be an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly Bonus Plan
- Company Pension
- Health Spending Account
- Training Budget
- Mileage Compensation
- Fun, team-based environment!
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 1 year (Required)
- Winnipeg (Required)
- Exceptional English (Preferred)