Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, and a full suite of digital offerings ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also plays a major role in providing pull-tab tickets, bingo paper and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.6% by the Pollard family and 32.4% by public shareholders and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit our website at www.pollardbanknote.com.
Lead Application Developer
We’re looking for a self-motivated Lead Developer to join The Lottery Management Systems Development Team at Pollard. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software solutions for new and existing lottery customers. This include, requirements gathering, interacting with project stakeholders and customers and leading our department development efforts and overall base code architecture.
This position leads a team of developers, providing technical leadership and mentorship for the development, management, and support of web applications, integration frameworks, and other applications as required.
- Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business and customer requirements
- Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met
- Work with our Scrum Master and Product Owners to manage the development backlog, develop estimates, participate in Sprint ceremonies, and assist with agile planning practices
- Collaborate with and lead the team to design, build, test, and deploy high-quality software to Pollard’s customers.
- Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team
- Mentor & work with onshore/offshore developers on technical issues and deliverables
- Responsible for software quality code review processes
- Ensure compliance to design and corporate development standards
- Responsible for establishing, governing and evolving coding & security best practices such as design patterns, logging techniques, etc. in collaboration with other development groups
- Work with the architecture and infrastructure teams to ensure the operational stability of our applications, performance optimization and fine-tuning based on their recommendations
- Set up automated processes to deliver accurate and meaningful analytical data reports for clients
- Contribute to department continuous improvement and standardization initiatives
- Oversee department base code, architecture, and procedures
- Work closely with the DevOps team to improve processes
- Post-secondary education in Computer Applications, Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a software development role for the application, mobile, or web development
- Proficiency with database design and SQL
- Knowledge of Project Management principles
- Knowledge of best practices within the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively coach, mentor and train employees, and effectively influence and provide strategic direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment and demonstrated a track record of delivering complex solutions on time and budget
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients at all levels
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Certificate in Agile is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems is an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.