Dairy Farmers of Manitoba (DFM) is looking for a Program Developer & Network Administrator to join its team. With an excellent employee retention rate, DFM has a strong reputation within the agriculture and dairy industry. As an employer, DFM believes in the overall health and wellness of its employees. It offers professional and personal development with the ability to work autonomously and have a direct impact on the dairy industry as a whole.
As the Program Developer & Network Administrator, the primary focus is program development, such as designing and programming customized applications that will enable DFM to carry out all business activities. When not developing, the role allows the successful candidate to enhance their skillset by taking on network administrator responsibilities including: daily operational needs, support and administration of computer applications, and network infrastructure. This role is ideal for someone with a strong development background that also has experience with network administration, or someone that is interested in gaining exposure to network administration.
As the Program Developer & Network Administrator, you will:
- Develop, maintain and modify different in-house applications.
- Create and maintain different databases.
- Generate reports or queries from different databases.
- Be involved in website maintenance and development using HTML, ASP or WordPress.
- Install, update, maintain and troubleshoot computer and application products.
- Be responsible for the security measures including network security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity and adding and deleting users.
- Be responsible for the documentation of all aspects of the IT function including: emergency and disaster recovery plan, computer policies, and computer inventory
You and Your Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years programming experience.
- Proficient with Java, Visual Basic, HTML and Word Press. Proficiency with C# would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Access and MYSQL.
- You have completed a post-secondary degree in Computer Programming or Computer Science.
- You possess the interest and drive to learn the network administration responsibilities of this role.
Dairy Farmers of Manitoba:
- Positive work environment
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Group benefits and life insurance
- New, modern office
- Free parking
About Dairy Farmers of Manitoba:
Established in 1974, Dairy Farmers of Manitoba is a not-for-profit agriculture organization. DFM is committed to producing milk according to the highest standards of quality – and is totally financed by and represents all dairy farmers in the province. The organization values respect and integrity for all of its stakeholders, quality milk and services, being dynamic and innovative, and delivering excellence in everything they do.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume in confidence to Billy Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact Billy Stewart 204-938-4048.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.