Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Automation Engineer will join a team responsible for developing and maintaining several web-based software systems and services. This team strives to create scalable, and optimized solutions to provide our users with safe and efficient access to our online services.
What you'll be doing:
- Using automation tools and scripting to develop automated tests for projects;
- Evaluating and selecting test automation tools and libraries;
- Creating test scripts using proper design patterns;
- Using your knowledge of web standards to create REST based API tests;
- Maintaining repository of created test scripts;
- Creating and maintaining test plans for projects;
- Mentoring team members and helping cultivate a learning environment;
- Providing status reports and continuous feedback to team;
- Working closely with QA Manager and the product team to create a testing strategy and ensure testing criteria are well defined and accurate.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years in a Quality Assurance and/or Test Automation role, ideally focused on web and mobile projects;
- Skilled in automating the QA process for both End to End tests and API testing;
- Experience in manual testing;
- Experience with testing automation tools such as Selenium, CodeceptJS, Appium, or others;
- Understanding of the SDLC and development methodologies;
- Ability to recognize problems, troubleshoot, and provide feedback;
- Attention to detail required to spot, prevent, and solve the smallest of issues before they reach customers or clients;
- Ability to review technical logs and not only pinpoint the problem, but propose solutions to improve it;
- Ability to review build status and automation test execution;
- A love for finding new ways to solve problem.
Other skills that will get you far:
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration and Delivery;
- Frontend Frameworks such as React, Angular, or VueJS;
- Experience with virtualization software;
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
What you'll get:
- Competitive compensation;
- Employer matched retirement plan;
- Extensive Benefits package;
- Employer work perks program;
- The opportunity to expand your skill set while making impactful contributions to cutting-edge products.