Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Quality Assurance Tester
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Number of positions:
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Tester will join a team responsible for developing and maintaining several web-based software systems and services. This team strives to create scalable, and optimized solutions to provide our users with safe and efficient access to our online services.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping design and scale our testing infrastructure;
- Collaborating with other internal teams on improving production health;
- Reviewing Product Requirements and organizing test plans;
- Researching new tools and techniques to help satisfy requirements;
- Participating in daily planning activities and scrum meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience you'll need to succeed:
- 1+ year experience in a Quality Assurance role (combination of education and experience may be considered);
- Exposure or experience working with QA automation tools;
- Experience in manual testing and working with defect trackers;
- Understanding of the SDLC and development methodologies;
- Ability to recognize problems, troubleshoot, and provide feedback;
- Attention to detail required to spot, help prevent, and help solve defects before they reach our customers and clients;
- Ability to review technical logs and not only pinpoint the problem, but propose solutions to improve it;
- A love for finding new ways to solve problems.
Other skills that will get you far:
- Experience working with JIRA as a defect tracker;
- Testing with frontend frameworks (e.g. React);
- Experience with API Endpoint Testing;
- Experience with virtualization software;
- ISTQB Certification considered an asset;
- Education in Web Development considered an asset.
We would love to see but only Senior Level requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role. Ideally focused on web and mobile projects.
What you'll get:
- Competitive compensation;
- Employer matched retirement plan;
- Extensive Benefits package;
- Employer work perks program;
- The opportunity to expand your skill set while making impactful contributions to cutting-edge products.
Training will be provided, but independent learning will also be expected.