Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Software Developer (Data Science)
Location: Corporate Office - Winnipeg, MB, Lethbridge, AB, or Omaha, NE (Remote location may be considered)
Number of positions:
Reporting to the Data Science Manager, the Software Developer will join the team responsible for supporting the work of the data scientists through developing ETL processes, as well as making their results accessible to the rest of the company.
The Data Science team at Farmers Edge is constantly working on new, industry-leading projects and this role will give the Software Developer an opportunity to help these projects reach their full potential.
What you'll be doing:
- Interpret and parse data from internal and external systems;
- Collaborate with data scientists on the team;
- Support code for machine learning models developed by data scientists;
- Calculate accuracy of machine learning models;
- Participate in weekly review meetings;
- Refactor code for performance and readability;
- Perform necessary library upgrades;
- Document internal source code;
- Create automatic testing (unit testing);
- Troubleshoot deployed applications;
- Collaborate with other teams such as Remote Sensing, Agronomy R&D, Web Services, DevOps, and Image Processing;
- Senior Level Developer will be responsible for performing code review, taking ownership of projects, and suggesting improvements to be implemented;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Education in Computer Science with a focus on programming (Diploma, Degree, or Graduate studies);
- Previous experience in software development;
- Python / Django development;
- Basic working knowledge of HTTP services;
- Quality control tools / testing frameworks;
- Revision control software (e.g. Git);
- Unit testing;
- Agile / Scrum / SDLC methodologies;
- Comfortable working in a team environment, but also willing to work independently on assigned tasks;
- Creative, self-motivated, resourceful and passionate;
- Agricultural knowledge.
We Would love to see, but only Senior Level requirements:
- Up to 3+ years experience in Software Development.
What you'll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- The opportunity to expand skillsets while making impactful contributions to cutting-edge products.