At Canada Life, the customer is at the centre of what we do. We are looking for candidates that exemplify this and can demonstrate it in their work. If this is you, come join our Digital Hub Team.
The Digital Hub is looking for a Solution Architect who will be responsible for constructing the digital experience and managing the solution architecture of various business solutions. Our people value simplicity and are unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve the right solution. We are responsible for designing and managing the integrations with other systems to achieve the desired experience. We work closely with team members and play an integral role in solution scoping and designing the optimal solution to meet the needs of business with a focus on usability, security, scalability and cost.
The successful candidate will work within the Digital Hub Business Solution & Architecture team. They will provide technical leadership and design innovative solutions with a constant review to our approaches and technologies so that we can improve. They will partner with the various business areas solution architects and business leaders to develop the overall solution, MVP recommendations, pilot recommendations, and roadmaps.
What you’ll do:
Manage the design and usage of the various solutions to serve and balance the needs of all the tenants of the solution (Customer, Plan Sponsor, Advisor, Wholesaler, Employee).
Activities would include:
- Author and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical models and artifacts of the product, and ensures alignment of the solution to enterprise architecture & strategy.
- Conduct ongoing meetings to review the design and progress toward design identified.
- Interpret and deliver plans that specify strategy and improve integration, quality and delivery in support of business systems initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Contribute to analysis, solution design, development and implementation.
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentorship of the technical team, and support the Developers on complex code issues and design gaps.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to the Developers.
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop the solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand.
- Identifies and removes technical impediments.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and research advanced technologies and concepts, learning new skills and software as necessary.
- Assess all risks and offer mitigation strategies, communicating impacts to project across multiple channels.
- Understand technical constraints from existing systems and how to enable innovation in this environment.
- Research and recommend opportunities to extend usage of existing technology stack.
- Research and recommend opportunities to use vendor partners to fill gaps in capabilities.
- Develop best practices on usage, assisting with capacity planning, and ensure adherence to licensing of products.
- Track Solution Health and Technology Debt for inclusion in future initiatives.
- University education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Proven experience in solution, data and information architecture
- An understanding of multiple technologies: Identity Mgmt, SAP Hybris (eCommerce), Adobe AEM (Content), Salesforce (Sales/Service/Communities/Lightning), Angular/React/Vue (UI), JAVA/J2EE/Spring, CI/CD (DevOps).
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, conference calls and via e-mail).
- Highly organized with the ability to arrange complex material effectively.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and with comfort in ambiguity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve win win outcomes.
- Ability to challenge; understanding how to impact and influence.
- Background or knowledge of financial services industries, particularly the areas of insurance and wealth.
- Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- Experience with industry standards and frameworks such as TOGAF is a plus.
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile Environment.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.