|Position Title: Specialist, ICT Systems Engineering, Network and Security
|Position Directly Reports to: Manager, Managed Services
The Specialist, ICT Systems Engineering, network and security is responsible to assess, identify, and solve network and security related issues in complex infrastructure environments. The Specialist confers with senior team members to provide advice and guidance, as well as design, implementation and support for Network and Security Systems in client environments. The Specialist, ICT Systems Engineering, Network and Security will conduct security and network tests, as well as risk assessments and network evaluations.
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (list in order of importance)
- Provide guidance for, design/implement, and support Network and Security projects, both internal and external
- Under the guidance of senior team members, design, implement, and maintain network and security infrastructure
- Implement and maintain security tools and services
- Using available assessment tools, conduct vulnerability and security assessments on client networks, and create documentation for clients that includes deficiency identification and remediation recommendations.
- Monitor and analyze network and security systems, identifying, planning for and fixing weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Act as a “Trusted Advisor” for EPIC Network and Security Managed Service Clients
- Investigate and resolve network and security incidents for customers
- Working with CISCO/EPIC Account Management/Inside Sales, creates estimates, registers deals, negotiates discounts, generates quotes, and makes sure customer is being provided with their respective agreements.
- Provide Consultation to Customer regarding CISCO Products and Services, as well as renewal options.
- Create written reports and present them to various stakeholders
- Provides subject matter expertise to staff on CISCO purchasing products/tools/etc.
- Provide guidance to staff on technology issues when needed.
- Performs other related duties and completes special projects as assigned.
|Education (Preferred Education Only)
- CCNA R&S
- Network Security Diploma or equivalent
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience/Knowledge (Preferred Experience/Knowledge Only)
- Minimum 2+ years of industry experience
- CCNA/CCNP Route & Switch/Security/Voice, or equivalent certifications are considered and asset.
- Experience assisting with design, implementation, and support of enterprise environments is considered and asset
- Experience creating BoMs using CISCO Commerce Portal
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience with assisting with design, implementation and maintenance for: Firemon, NetScaler, Cisco Nexus switches, Solar Winds nCentral, Nessus vulnerability scans, Red Seal, and Checkpoint firewalls are considered an asset
- Experience with Neetscaler for implementation and maintenance
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches
- Experience with Solar winds nCentral
- Experience with Nessus vulnerability scans
- Experience with Red Seal
- Experience with CheckPoint firewalls
- Cisco/ Firewall Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Red Seal
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- MS Office
- Vulnerability Scanner (Nessus)
Specific Job Skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to build relationships with individuals and groups at varying levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software and hardware related tools and infrastructure
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Service oriented, adaptable and resilient
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- A Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle is required
- Travel is required