Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12-month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
Full-Time, Term Position Available (August 1, 2018, up to August 1, 2019) with the possibility of an extension to August 1, 2020
As part of Continuing Education, the Technical Support/Systems Specialist position provides expertise in learning technologies, with particular emphasis on blended and Online learning initiatives. This position will assist in the deployment and support of Information Technology solutions to students, staff, and faculty within Continuing Education as well as encourage and facilitate innovation in learning technologies. Reporting to the Manager, Admissions, and Operations, the incumbent will support the delivery of Continuing Education full time and part time programming by responding to and addressing, instructor, student and staff technical and information technology needs, in an expedient and professional manner. The incumbent is the first point of contact for all technical support matters for Continuing Education and will either resolve or escalate problems as they occur. They will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the College (including the Centre for Learning and Program Excellence, IT Services, Faculty and Research and Planning) to support and promote the use of learning technologies and to integrate them with College services and enterprise systems.
- Post-Secondary diploma in an IT related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting basic network connectivity and network-based printing Experience supporting and troubleshooting web-based technology both face-to-face and at a distance
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows and MacOS based computers
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships with IT departments and other diverse stakeholders
- Ability to gather and develop business and IT requirements for technology projects
- Knowledge of the use of technology in online or blended learning
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Microsoft Office applications, Office 365, SharePoint and Adobe software such as Photoshop
- Ability to support modern complex web-based platforms, such as Learning Management System
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, collaborate, work efficiently and prioritize while exercising reasonable judgment in a fast -paced, multitasking environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Training experience in a post-secondary or business environment
- Experience supporting Desire 2 Learn's Brightspace Learning Management System
- Experience with establishing and maintaining project plans
- Knowledge of software and systems used in a post-secondary environment
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition Number: 2018-078
Closing Date: June 18, 2018
Salary Range: $46,942 - $64,210 per annum
Apply to Red River College by email: firstname.lastname@example.org