(designer or developer)
Reports to: Senior Web Specialist + Creative Director
Job Purpose: Design, develop and manage websites for all clients + 6P Marketing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements for this position.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma focused on web design and development.
- 1+ Years of front-end web design and development.
- Experience with content management systems such as Joomla and WordPress.
- Strong portfolio featuring a wide variety of creative web design experience.
- HTML 5
- Content Management Systems
- Responsive Development
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
- SEO/Social Media
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Domains and Hosting
- cPanel, MySQL, FTP, SSH
- Purchasing domains
- Updating DNS
- SSL certificates
- Familiarity with:
- Email Marketing Platforms
- Ability to conceptualize and create the look, layout and features of a website
from inception to completion.
- Strong design capability with a good sense of style.
- Ability to make design decisions using an existing style guide.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong time management skills and the willingness to take ownership of tasks and see them through to successful completion.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced team environment.
- Exhibits a commitment to continuous learning and best practices.
- Responds thoughtfully to questions and concerns from other agency team members.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt to changing requests.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to translate technical concepts for clients and project managers.
- Sticks to the client approved design path. Does not try to reinvent the wheel (on billable time).
- Strong logical problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to proactively and efficiently solve complex web related problems as they occur.
- Motivated, quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Some experience working in a small agency, on the client side or with a supplier.
- Team player who enjoys working with all members of the creative team.
- Friendly, honest and respectful.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (in order of priority):
- Estimate project hours + schedule timelines efficiently based on the project brief
- Present website designs and drafts in client presentations
- Consult with the design team to confirm functionality and offer new solutions
- Layout, style and format website content
- Source user friendly plugins and extensions
- Configure dynamic content such as forms, galleries, calendars, etc.
- Collaborate with the creative team to deliver the best websites possible
- Design and code with the client in mind
- Test websites using latest browsers, devices, Mac and PC
- Secure websites from vulnerabilities and attacks including implementing SSL certificates.
- Schedule maintenance and backups for all hosted websites
- Complete and review website prelaunch checklist
- Implement SEO recommendations from online team
- Layout and code email marketing templates
- Check status of DNS propagation and monitor website launches
- Troubleshoot technical website issues quickly and professionally
- Offer helpful advice for clients to prevent reoccurring website questions
- Customize website training manuals for each client
- Write clear step-by-step instructions for specific functionality
- Provide web support to clients by email, phone or in person
- Instruct clients how to update their websites through one on one training
- Collaborate with other members of web team / non-web team related to your knowledge (on exisitng clients, special technical knowledge, etc).
- This may include some amount of training for other Junior Web Specialists, contractors, interns or members of the Account Service team (MSMs) or directly with clients.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Encourage feedback and share best practices with team
- Provide other creative skills such as video/audio editing
- Enjoy being part of and contributing to the 6P culture
About 6P Marketing:
6P Marketing is a fast growing, full-service agency that develops, implements and maintains cost-effective, results-oriented marketing solutions for a wide variety of clients who are motivated and dedicated to growing their businesses.
If you are looking for a collaborative, transparent, team oriented environment where integrity and work life balance are valued, we want to talk with you.
Click below to apply, attention: Lisa Paillé - HR