Date Posted: Feb 7th, 2018
Job Reference Code: 1003Q
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Norima, a Winnipeg-based technology consulting company that prides itself on its ability to deliver results in the most complex and challenging business environments, and recent recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Medium Business Award through the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce, is in need of experienced Quality Assurance Analysts with functional and technical expertise to join one of our key delivery teams.
We are looking for candidates with exemplary character, consistency and competence to join a growing team of professionals who share a passion for solving complex problems with technology-based solutions. Ideally you have:
- Completed a university degree or college diploma;
- A minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of proven work experience in software testing;
- Experience designing and executing clear and effective test plans ensuring for accuracy and completeness against business requirements;
- Experience working with developers to troubleshoot and resolve defects;
- Experience writing test scripts to test applications against underlying data or third-party systems/tools;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills; and
- Knowledge and experience in the ISTQB body of knowledge.
Norima is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, looking to hire the best, brightest, and hardest working consultants onto our high-calibre team. As the ideal candidate, you:
- Are client delivery focused, and committed to working as a flexible extension to our clients to earn a place as their trusted advisor;
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Have a natural curiosity towards gaining new understanding and broadening your knowledge base;
- Are skilled in managing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing deadlines; and
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Execute manual and technical test strategies, plans and procedures;
- Document results to ensure all applications developed meet quality standards;
- Analyze, design, and develop manual and technical test strategies, plans and procedures;
- Document and investigate software problems, and liaise with software developers to solve problems;
- Ability to provide guidance to others regarding testing best practices;
- Experience using testing tools, such as JIRA, Rally, Quality Centre, etc.;
- Experience with automated testing tools an asset, such as Soap UI or Selenium;
- Experience in agile and waterfall testing environments;
- Knowledge of SQL or database testing an asset.
Candidate must be local to Winnipeg.
For over 10 years, Norima Consulting Inc. has been transforming businesses by leveraging the right technology, at the right time, by, and in collaboration with, the right people. Norima has been consistently growing in both size and revenue for over a decade, almost exclusively by word of mouth, and this has only been possible by ensuring that we have been an employer of choice for top professionals who are passionate about demonstrating real results and committed to achieving excellence.
Norima works hard to provide a collaborative, rewarding environment and work opportunities that attract and retain top candidates and employees. Norima’s Learning and Growth strategy is to actively invest in professional development and to provide opportunity for progressive work assignments to build experience. Norima is a place where professional growth is actively supported and expected.
As a result of our efforts, Norima was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2017, with an overall Trust Index score of 92% with a participation rate of 93.5%. It revealed that 95% of respondents agreed with the summary statement: “Taking everything into account, I would say this is a great place to work.”
According to independent employee reviews on Glassdoor.com, 100% would recommend Norima to a friend, and 100% approve of the CEO. Norima has a summary score of 4.9 stars out of 5.0.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, an RRSP matching program, a professional development program, and a positive work environment. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of a growing company.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter in PDF format to: email@example.com
Please reference “Consultant, Quality Assurance Analyst” in the subject line, and please include the job reference code in your cover letter.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all that apply.