EPIC - ICT Customer Support, Tier 1
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Reports to: Operations Manager
Epic specializes in the creation and management of information technology solutions for business. Our goal is to be the information technology partner of choice for each of our customers. We are proud to be part of the Bell MTS Family group of companies. We know Manitobans best and deliver a full suite of solutions that meets their unique needs and are focused on delivering the best experience at every interaction.
The ICT Customer Support staff is responsible for providing system and network operations support, ensuring that all Data Centre services are available and performing at their peak efficiency.
They play a key role in maintaining the Data Centre, by monitoring network connectivity, power, cooling, and temperature in the whitespace and by identifying, reacting, troubleshooting, escalating issues as per documented processes. NOC staff are also responsible for monitoring building systems (HVAC, CRAC/CRAH units, UPS), reporting any environmental issues to the Facility Support staff.
The NOC staff are also responsible for the updating of process documentation, generating reports and client status communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in proactive and reactive network/systems monitoring
- Upon receipt of network/system trouble conditions, follow procedures to validate and classify impact, perform basic troubleshooting and notify appropriate personnel
- Escalate all critical issues as per documented process
- Operate within established SLA guidelines
- Enter new trouble tickets, assign existing tickets and keep stakeholders informed of status
- Update process documents and internal knowledge base
- Create, adjust and maintain monitoring rules as required
- Perform proactive health checks on key systems on a predetermined schedule
- Manage multiple vendors to ensure resolution of client issues
- Seamlessly transfer information at the end of each shift with other NOC staff about any outstanding issues and tasks
- Work to ensure that procedures are well-documented and understood
- Accurately open and update customer trouble tickets
- Provide customers with updates on their existing trouble tickets via email or telephone as per published procedures as it pertains to ticket severity
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum experience of 1-2 years
- Education in Networking and Computer Technology, Computer and Information Systems Technology or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in desktop/laptop repair
- Ability to diagnose problems applying industry best practices, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Location: Canada: Winnipeg
Epic is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable environment where all employees and customers feel value, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.