This is a customer-facing Senior Security Sales Executive role requiring the ability to interface effectively with, and sell to all levels and contacts in the enterprise market. This will involve understanding and analyzing the customer’s business in order to identify areas where the broad range of TELUS Information Security solutions are able to add value and address specific business needs.
The candidate will achieve this by:
- Identifying, initiating, qualifying and closing opportunities, to exceed growth and revenue targets
- Effectively managing a range of opportunities, the associated reporting and account planning to support the achievement of sales objectives
- Establishing valued business relationships with clients and other industry influencers and players allowing you to add value across the broad range of security requirements our customers have
- Maintaining high levels of knowledge and expertise regarding our customers, their industries, associated risk, managed services and information security technology opportunities and
- Preparing proposals, presentations, quotations, contracts, and supporting documentation
- Negotiating contracts and agreements
- Engaging and working closely with extended team members including Account Managers and the broader account team (other sales specialists, security solution architects, product managers, operations managers, service managers, and others) in order deliver to required support and value for our clients.
- Managing client expectations throughout the sales cycle, ensuring TELUS' role as a trusted advisor
Create/identify, qualify and close opportunities to exceed the sales-related objectives assigned to the position by representing the complete range of TELUS Security Solutions including:
1. Managed Security Services
2. Integrated Security Services
3. Consulting Security Services
This role will also involve;
- Fully understanding our client needs and developing solutions to add value and enable our their business objectives
- Managing and ensuring the retention and growth of existing security solutions contracts
- Continued understanding of the products and services that TELUS provides and being able to effectively demonstrate how these products and services can provide value
- Establishing effective relationships with customer stakeholders at all levels of your client's organization
- Continuously focusing on moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Business Acumen - understanding of customer goals, objectives and operations
- “Solution Selling" - end to end knowledge of the sales cycle and how to effectively launch and execute a sales pursuit
- Finance based selling skills
- Solid knowledge regarding the prevalent technologies, benefits and risks inherent within the Information Security marketplace
- Deep understanding of the security services marketplace
- Solid Information Technology understanding including technical, and operational knowledge required to credibly represent and add value around:
- Managed Security Services
- Professional Services including a full range of Governance, Risk and Compliance services as well a security program design and testing services.
- Consulting capabilities around key security technologies
- Advanced threat intelligence and analytics
- Ability to construct a convincing business case, express it clearly and gain consensus around decisions, plans and actions
- Ability to excel in a cross-functional team environment
- Presentation skills to design and deliver effective presentations one-to-one and to groups at executive levels.
- Ability to manage and translate business requirements into enabling solutions.
- Change Management - ability to work effectively with shifting demands and rapid change.
- Organizational Skills - ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of functions/tasks simultaneously
- Interpersonal Skills - exceptional listening and communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers and diverse audiences in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Post-secondary education (BBA or BComm preferable).
- Industry certifications and participation in industry training programs an asset.
Minimum of 5 years corporate sales experience with 3 years in Security-related sales.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Send resume and cover letter to Tim.Prokipchuk@telus.com