Company Name: Online Enterprises Inc. doing business as Online Business Systems
Location: 200 - 115 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0R3
Term: Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
Wage: $100,000 annual base salary, with eligibility for discretionary annual bonus
Benefits: Participation in the company’s group benefits plan after one month of employment which currently includes access to health, medical
ServiceNow Consultants have a broad range of experience and have responsibility for overall project success within the Service Management framework. They are directly responsible for ensuring that the technical aspects of a project and the required Service Management and business process changes come together into one cohesive solution in alignment with business objectives. As a ServiceNow Consultant, you will confer with clients to identify and document requirements; conduct business and technical studies; design, develop, integrate, and implement information systems business solutions; and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security, and service delivery.
What you'll do
- Responsible for collecting and documenting user requirements and designing, developing, integrating, and implementing a Service Management project solution that ensures that business objectives are aligned with technical and management objectives.
- Provides advice on Service Management strategy, policy, management, security, and service delivery.
- Assesses physical and technical risks to data, software, and hardware, and develops policies, procedures, and contingency plans to minimize the effects of breaches.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness, and overall quality of information systems.
- Leads client groups to conceptualize, understand, and gain support for the Service Management solution.
- Conducts facilitation sessions with clients (possibly at senior management levels) to help them understand how their organization works and how the solution will integrate into the organization.
- Understands the dynamics of customer engagements, and strategizes the methods and deliverables to meet the demands of different types of engagements.
- Ensures that technical solutions are in line with customer requirements.
- Works directly with management and project directors; communicates directly to corporate executive.
- Acts as the communication point of contact for vendors, industry partners and governing bodies, and manages those relationships within the scope of the solution.
- Communicates solution strategy to CEOs and executive, technical details to technical experts, and process impacts to managers and subject matter experts.
- Capable of Solution Visioning – expresses business/technology solution to address constrained needs in project/system situation to business and technology audiences; creates effective and appropriate views and models.
- Conducts independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products, and information systems.
What we'd like
- University or college degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, or mathematics, or 3-5 years’ experience in an analyst or consultant role focused on integrating and implementing information systems business solutions within Service Management framework.
- Bilingual in English and French (written and verbal).
- Based in Winnipeg.
- At least one of the following:
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- BMC Product Suites
- ITIL Expert or ITIL Intermediate
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Broad knowledge/understanding of IT and business resources and methodologies, or recognized as a specialist in one or more application areas.
- Experience with any of the following: Process documentation, ITSM Project Management, Service Lifecycle design, Process Maturity Assessment development, ITSM Roadmap/Strategy development, Operational Process design, Service Operations Process design.
- Competent in all aspects of project planning and management; capable of being a project manager in smaller projects or sub-projects.
- Familiarity with Solution Architecture Methodologies.
- Awareness and experience applying tools for Enterprise Architecture (e.g., Enterprise Architect, Casewise, Office, etc.).
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Caring & Empathy: We look out for each other.
- Passion: We are energized by what we do.
- Integrity: We do what's right.
- Forward Thinking: We are always evolving.
- Commitment & Perseverance: We finish what we start.
What you can expect from us
- A fantastic work environment. Check us out on glassdoor.com.
- Social events, staff meetings, and active Slack channels to keep you connected and collaborating with other Onliners.
- A professional development program that is second to none. Every Onliner has an annual budget plus time (outside of allotted vacation) that they are expected to put toward courses, conferences, exams, etc.
- The consultant's life – fast-paced and challenging with exposure to a variety of industries and technologies.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and work life balance.
- Opportunity to work with Career Mentors who assist with career planning and professional development.
An office on Bannatyne Avenue in the Exchange District to come home to when you’re not on a client site. We’re located just steps from the river and a beautiful walking path, as well as from a bus stop. We provide a small on-site gym and locked bike storage, and our kitchen is always stocked with free coffee and fruit and an assortment of snacks for those 2:00 sugar cravings.
Online was founded in 1986, and our founder, Chuck Loewen, is still President and CEO today. Chuck has always believed in treating our employees (we call ourselves Onliners) and our clients as guests in his home, and this philosophy permeates our company. We place great emphasis on our culture, always striving to be a great place to work and a great place for our clients to work with. We look for ways every day to be better than we were the day before, and we are proud to have made the “Best Workplaces in Canada” list for the past 11 consecutive years. There are no signs of slowing down as we look to build new practices and create new opportunities for Onliners.
About our Service Management practice: Utilizing the industry leading BMC and ServiceNow product suites, our Service Management practice helps organizations make full use of the tools they already own to create the ideal ITSM strategy. We use Application Performance Management (APM) tools like AppDynamics to allow our clients to address poor system performance before their customers experience problems. Our team helps clients drive operational efficiencies across their organizations, resulting in improved communication, streamlined processes, and cost savings. And, working in collaboration with our Risk, Security and Privacy Practice, we help our customers respond to today’s security threats and demonstrate compliance with emerging security regulations.
Mailing address: 200-115 Bannatyne Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0R3
Apply for this job online