As a member of the DevOps and Delivery Engineering team, you will focus on maximizing the potential of our development teams. You will be responsible for helping create great experiences for developers at iQ. You will standardize and teach development guidelines, build systems to streamline development and manage client applications and services. You will support a 'Release Early, Release Often' philosophy and require strong development skills along with ingenuity and attention to detail.
Areas we focus on today include:
• Improving deployment and build systems
• Managing Azure Platform-As-A-Service resources so teams have room to grow
• Scripting processes that can be automated
• Development of tools to monitor service health
• Triage and copilot for critical service outages
This role is an excellent opportunity for growth as you will be working closely with all development teams, DBA teams, NOC teams and architects.
• Develop, architect and introduce improvements to a multi-team build/test/deploy system
• Research new development technologies and tools that can help us automate and scale our systems
• Implement scalable systems to automate any systems requiring manual intervention
• Develop automation systems to manage our Azure infrastructure
• Work with development teams to support multiple environments
• Establish standards of practice across the development teams
Responsibilities would include periodic participation in an on call rotation in case of critical service outages.
• 3+ years software development experience
• Strong software development skills (the more variety the better)
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and desire to help people
• Familiar with .NET stack including IIS
• Familiar with mobile development stack including iOS and Android
• Familiar with front/back end Node and JS
• Experience with PowerShell or Ruby scripting
• Experience with package management systems (nuget, npm, rubygems)
• Experience with Git or TFS
• Experience with cloud hosting such as Azure
• Experience with automated deployment
• Good sense for architecture and development best practices
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com, including a cover letter with answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in this role?
• What makes you unique for this position?
• Which relevant skills and qualifications do you have?
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
iQmetrix is a leading provider of end-to-end retail solutions. You can find our software in stores across North America, including local stores like WirelessWave, Costco, and Superstore. Our company values centre around an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on speed and agility, innovation, quality and customer service. We support community-building events and worthy causes because we believe in reaching out, taking part and giving back. It’s a big part of who we are.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. Our award-winning Vancouver office features a balanced environment with a quiet work space and a funky social lounge overlooking the water and scenic view of the North Shore. We have an in-house gym with free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to softball and volleyball teams, beer taps, Nerf gun wars and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and youthful employees!
Want a glimpse into life in the Q? Check out our blog
Top 10 Reasons to Join iQmetrix (view the full list)
Peek into our four offices on our Staff Lipdub Video!
We’re always looking for creative and innovative people. If feel you can provide value in a different way, we’re happy to work with you in developing a specific role that best utilizes your skill set.