We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Traffic Signals Network Administrator (Under Review)
Posting No: 115701
Closing Date: December 18, 2017
The Traffic Signals Network Administrator has overall responsibility for the design, testing, operation, security, and proactive maintenance for all network infrastructure and end point connections on the City of Winnipeg, Traffic Signals Network. End Points include IP CCTV equipment, Traffic Light Controllers, Point to Point Wireless Access Points, and Machine to Machine LTE CPE demarks.
As the Traffic Signals Network Administrator you will:
- Hold responsibility for Network Planning & Design
- Implement and Manage work plans and instruction sets for onsite deployment of solutions
- Conduct research and development on emerging trends in traffic signals, and traffic management technology and solutions
- Diploma (one of) Information Systems Technology/Business Information Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology – Red River College or equivalent preferred OR Degree in Computer Science – University of Manitoba or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing and testing complex networking environments or a combination of experience in a progressively senior technical support capacity
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of multi-site internet working technologies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, oversee, and maintain geographically dispersed network endpoints across disparate technologies
- Expert level of knowledge of networking technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Subnetting/Supernetting, DMVPN, PPTP VPN, PPPoE, RADIUS, SMTP, SNMP, and other relevant protocols
- Intermediate level knowledge of windows servers
- Complete understanding of all seven (7) layers of the OSI Model and how they relate to a large scale network with disparate technologies
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
1. Current resume AND/OR Application Form (Required).
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M., Monday, December 18, 2017.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $2,028.61 - $2,373.68 bi-weekly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.