A little about us and the role:
At Group Insurance Solutions we are entrepreneurs. We are a market leader with over 35 years’ experience, helping businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions for their commercial insurance and employee benefits requirements tailored to their needs.
This an opportunity to be part of a high-energy, motivated executive team, committed to the achievement of business goals and targets. Being successful in this role requires the ability to recognize opportunities, build and lead an effective team and to contribute to a positive work environment.
Reporting to the President; The VP, Information Technology will provide vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the information technology (IT) programs in alignment with the Business Strategy and Initiatives. The VP, IT will lead in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
What you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to planning and execution of the business plan, as a member of the executive management team.
- Providing leadership to the IT team.
- Providing strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the information and technology systems.
- Managing a team of internal and external (contract and outsourcers) technology professionals (application developers, systems analysts, project managers and infrastructure specialists).
- Facilitating communication among staff, management, vendors and other technology resources within the organization.
- Staying current in IT trends (Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Member Experience, Data Mining/Analytics), deciphers and communicates to the Executive team.
- Oversight of research, selection and recommendations of technology solutions that match the corporation’s business requirements.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the applications and infrastructure for the organization including voice and local area networks and wide-area networks in a multi-site environment.
- Risk management as it relates to system security, backup and recovery policies, procedures and solutions.
- Oversight of the overall IT service levels being provided to the business.
- Leading the alignment of the business strategic plan/initiatives to the IT strategic plan/initiatives required to achieve the business strategy.
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems and staffing as well as research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Development of master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Manage escalations of major technology related outages.
What you offer us:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and technology as well as direct management of a major IT operation.
- Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site environment.
- Specific experience with member benefit, third party plan administration is a plus.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Business or a related field or equivalent experience is desired.
- Experience with organizational change management.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative.
- Experience with risk management as it relates to technology and information.
- Human Capital Management best practices for talent acquisition, skills development, employee engagement, performance management.
- Proven skills in management and leadership.
- Hands on experience with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business language to technology audiences.
- Ability to link and apply complex technology solutions to business strategies.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT policies and standards geared and maximizing efficiencies.
- Last but NOT least - Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members.
What Group Insurance Solutions (GIS) offers you:
- A collaborative and creative work environment
- Three weeks vacation plus paid personal days
- Comprehensive company sponsored benefits package
- Company matched investment and savings programs
- Annual performance bonus program