Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic industry that is continuously evolving? We’re looking for another creative thinker with a sharp sense of humour, impeccable grammar and a knack for creating innovative and engaging content. As a Program Coordinator with ICTAM, you will have the opportunity to make an impact and move the dial in Manitoba’s tech culture.
There are two primary aspects to this role, with both of them revolving around strong communications. The first is oversight of an ICTAM volunteer committee in support of expanding gender parity in technology, called Maven. The second is content creation and execution of a digital media strategy.
What You Will Do
- Act as staff liaison between the Maven volunteer committee and ICTAM. Work with the volunteer executive to ensure that the committee delivers on agreed outcomes within their mandate. This involves reporting, leading initiatives, organizing meetings, collecting data, etc.
- Aid in the maintenance, personality and growth of social accounts, specifically under the subject of Women in Technology and our renewed Maven program
- Organize formal discussions with companies across the province to foster collaboration, networking and actions to increase gender parity in the tech sector
- Plan and execute events relating to women in technology
- Develop long-term, forward-thinking social media schedule and idea calendar
- Emphasize originality of thought and content
- Create unique content with powerful images, graphics, gifs, and motion graphics
- Work within tight deadlines to deliver in-the-moment visuals that engage our audience
- Reply to social media users, answering questions accurately and promptly
- Compile, analyze and distribute social media analytics if required
- Keep tabs on industry trends and emerging platforms
- Experience engaging a community and, ideally, working with volunteers
- Undertake some travel to ensure that the Maven program is recognized and embraced in communities outside Winnipeg i.e. Northern communities, Westman, Southern Manitoba
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and social media management tools
- 2-4 years in professional digital marketing
- Comfortable with Wordpress and Joomla, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Dynamic, witty, thoughtful, confident and culturally aware with a passion for parity
- Exceptional writing and grammatical skills
- Excellent verbal communications; strong attention to detail; effective; resourceful
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position closes on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. To learn all about ICTAM visit; www.ictam.ca