What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative eCommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their eCommerce stores truly awesome.
Barack Obama, Rooster Teeth, and DJ Khaled are among the list of 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of eCommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of nearly 300 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe eCommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the Builders Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
Here’s what we’re looking for
We’re looking for co-op students who are interested in learning and growing their skills in a fast-paced environment where we use leading-edge technologies. Our co-op students work on one of Bold’s development teams of highly skilled developers, shipping code on production systems to Bold’s merchants.
Here's what we need from you:
- Likes to get shit done
- Thrives in an environment of talented, hard-working people
- Resonates with our values
- Is motivated and passionate about shipping high quality softwareIs driven to take a feature from concept to production
- Has an interest in building scalable and secure distributed systems
- An understanding of software delivery
- What you will learn/nice to haves
- Comfortable with OSX or Linux
- Experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
- Experience working with Laravel, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Front-end Frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Concourse, Jenkins, or other CI systems
- MySQL, Postgres, or other database management systems
We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out. Go above and beyond when you apply so you don’t get lost in the mix. Talk about a cool project you’ve done, drop us a link to your github or portfolio if applicable, or just impress us with your personality.
Show us that you have what it takes to be Bold! Apply now!