We are seeking experienced Software Developers to join our Digital Transformation Consulting team in Winnipeg. You will engage with numerous clients and work with amazing development teams to design, estimate, code, and test complex programs. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments that will build your technical expertise and your consulting skills. You will thrive at Online by being a team player who has a keen desire to constantly learn and grow in their career and help others do the same.
- Solve complex problems using a variety of technologies.
- Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams, and designs specific to users, application systems, and technical requirements.
- Take part in all project phases and help ensure their completion by cooperating with and offering advice to users, meeting deadlines, and communicating status reports.
- Assist as required with identifying and establishing tools, operating environments, design, and development standards, and preparing technical documentation.
- Analyze existing or proposed projects to determine feasibility and create time estimates.
- Ensure systems are well-architected, performant, and meet the quality standards of the client.
- Recommend improvements for development and system maintenance processes.
- Effectively define and communicate technology considerations to a business audience.
- Identify technical considerations in project planning, risk mitigation, task identification, estimating, and task dependencies.
- A bachelor's degree/diploma in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience in in web application frameworks, e.g., Struts 2, JSF, Spring MVC, .NET, Laravel.
- Self-starter with 4+ years of experience and strong knowledge of Java 7 or higher, .NET Framework, or PHP.
- Ability and desire to learn and be productive in new technologies quickly.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of frameworks and technologies, such as Spring, Hibernate, Entity Framework, and others.
- Knowledge and experience in Web Services.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Knowledge of SOLID design principles.
- Experience with unit tests and mocking frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of database technologies and performance tuning.
- Proven experience with mobile applications and technologies is desirable.
- Proven experience with Cloud Services and Cloud Integration tools is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with integration platforms (e.g., MuleSoft, Sonic, Fuse) is desirable.
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Caring & Empathy: We look out for each other.
- Passion: We are energized by what we do.
- Integrity: We do what's right.
- Forward Thinking: We are always evolving.
- Commitment and Perseverance: We finish what we start.
- A fantastic work environment. Check us out on glassdoor.com
- Social events, staff meetings, and active Slack channels to keep you connected and collaborating with other Onliners.
- A professional development program that is second to none. Every Onliner has an annual budget plus time (outside of allotted vacation) that they are expected to put toward courses, conferences, exams, etc.
- The consultant's life – fast-paced and challenging with exposure to a variety of industries and technologies.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and work life balance.
- Opportunity to work with Career Mentors who assist with career planning and professional development.
- An office on Bannatyne Avenue in the Exchange District to come home to when you’re not on a client site. We’re located just steps from the river and a beautiful walking path, as well as from a bus stop. We provide a small on-site gym and locked bike storage, and our kitchen is always stocked with free coffee and fruit and an assortment of snacks for those 2:00 sugar cravings.
Online is a Digital Transformation and Cybersecurity consultancy. Businesses today are under pressure to transform to remain relevant. At the same time, there is unprecedented opportunity to innovate and achieve incredible things never seen before – securely.
We combine the best technology, business, and security practices, and lead Clients through the transformation process. Onliners embrace our Clients’ vision and the challenge of creating something new, and then push the boundaries to deliver. Not just information technology and security, but processes and people as well. It is this holistic approach that truly adds value, ensuring our Clients meet their goals.
Online was founded in 1986, and our founder, Chuck Loewen, is still President and CEO today. Chuck has always believed in treating our employees (we call ourselves Onliners) and our Clients as guests in his home, and this philosophy permeates our company. We place great emphasis on our culture, always striving to be a great place to work and a great place for our Clients to work with. We look for ways every day to be better than we were the day before, and we are proud to have made the “Best Workplaces in Canada” list for the past 13 consecutive years. There are no signs of slowing down as we look to create new opportunities for Onliners.